Friday, June 24, 2011

Chained Lovers


The things that I've done compliment nothing and no one.
This war within myself has achieved nothing but pain.
But I made a promise to myself long ago.
Nothing I do may break my fall.
But the hurt I go through shall create no walls.

There will never be barbed wires between me and you.
My bruises may actually someday be fruiful.
The battle raging in me won't make me bow down.
We shall be strong with our heads held high forever.
Nothing can drown us in our own bloody river.

My last true confession will open your eyes.
To the maligned truth that lies hidden away.
Somewhere in our bond, the knots tying us together.
We will never give up without a long hard strife.
“They will never ever take us alive.”

This love that we created and the chains that I wrought.
Will bind me to you through all of my wars.
So go on without me now, I must face the torment alone.
And when the sky clears, I will come get you.
When my shackles are broken, I shall renew the links
And with our love even stronger, I shall bind myself to you again.

PS : I wrote this poem a long time ago. I have no idea why I wrote it.


9 comments:

Blasphemous Aesthete said...

And strangely, it looks like you have written it recently in exile like separation from your loved, assuring that the love will hold on, will hold strong.

Nice post.


Cheers,
Blasphemous Aesthete

D2 said...

I wrote this at a time when I had nobody in my life. I never posted it. Maybe I know now why that was so. It waited to be posted now.
Thanks, Blasphemous. :)

Ire said...

Why did you not post it earlier? Lovely poem!

Sh@s said...

Very poignant. There are times when you experience things within without truly experiencing them in real. Thanks for sharing it with us.

Miss D said...

Interesting.
But maybe I choose not to comment.

Also, now that I have read "Brida" I have certain emotions tangled up with the words you wove...

D2 said...

@Nikita : I could never find any reason strong enough to post this earlier. It makes some sense to have done so now. Thanks. :)

@Sh@s : Thanks a lot. It's true. Sometimes, they may even be premonitions.

D2 said...

@Enchanta : I wish to know about your thoughts on the matter on a more personal level. Tell me all about them.

Purba said...

Reminded me of Unchained melody

D2 said...

@Purba Di : I like that comparison. :)

Post a Comment

You've read my thoughts.
Please do tell me yours.

Related Posts with Thumbnails