Monday, July 25, 2011

Break of Dawn

'Break of Dawn' by Ian MacDonald


Thunderstorms duelled in my mind.
A fiery clash of titanic proportions.
The lights blinding and horrifying.
The anguish unbearable as my eyes well.
Intolerable, as it gets dark.
As the shadows of the day take over.
And the lights from behind my eyes disappear.

The silence worse than the hurricane.
As bad as the screeching chalk on a board.
Like nails being drawn across a floor.
The marks etched upon my skin.
The scars to live there forevermore.
The gasps of breath I draw to ease
The blood to relinquish some fear.
The pain to relieve me of myself.

I sleep and close my eyes.
The curtains fall down.
And the dried blood to be washed away.
The pain withstood to be forgotten.
Bereft of cloth, at God's own mercy, I sway.

The break of dawn is upon me.
The time when the darkness is past.
As the melodies hold me to their tunes.
I walk under the eaves of golden green trees.
I could not have been happier.
As ecstasy quenches my thirst.

I live for these rays of the brightest sun that I love.
I could die just as easily for this dawn that I cherish.


12 comments:

Blasphemous Aesthete said...

And despite of it all, I'd wade along in the night too, towards that dawn, not just because the sun rains blessings, but it is a night.

Though my soul may set in darkness, it will
rise in perfect light;
I have loved the stars too truly to be fearful of the night.


Cheers,
Blasphemous Aesthete

Anonymous said...

I absolutely LOVE the last two lines. They are so beautiful and so so so true.

Miss D said...

The dawn shall light upon your soul,
With wings of majestic rays engulfing,
But what is yours shall remain eternally yours,
As the feathers of this bright light is never to meander,
For your very own loving deeds...

Beautiful poem, honey.
But there's too much pain that you don't deserve...

D2 said...

@Blasphemous Aesthete : As they say, the night is darkest before the dawn. It has to come. I'd take it willingly because I know something better awaits.

@Antara : Thanks a lot. They meant a lot to me. :)

D2 said...

@Enchanta :
The dawn shines upon me bright.
And light my heart and my eyes.
As you did to my soul but a few days ago.
Now I wait.
I wait for the light to shine upon me again.
And wrap me with its endearing wings as you did.

The pain, I deserved. The beauty of your love, I got.

Maitreyee Bhattacharjee Chowdhury said...

Nice one D2 :)

D2 said...

@Maitreyee Di : Thanks a lot. :)

Ire said...

Beautifully penned! :D

D2 said...

@Nikita : Thanks a lot. :)

jack said...

I chanced upon to view your blog and found it very interesting. Great ... Keep it up!

*^_^* said...

Wonderful! Awesome!

D2 said...

@Jack : Thanks a lot. :)

@^_^ : Thank you so much. :)

Post a Comment

You've read my thoughts.
Please do tell me yours.

Related Posts with Thumbnails