Friday, August 26, 2011

Unchained Melody



'The Scream' by Edvard Munch


Won't you stay with me,
Sweet Melody?
Chained in my wrath,
My only companion.
In my lonesome grief,
Will you not be by my side?
Why do you part with me so?
I have no friend.
None whom I think of
When I speak with the stars.
They speak not back to me.
But amongst themselves.
Incessant chatter; noise.
I do not understand their murmuring.
For I am no part of it.
Lonesome in my pit of wallowing shame.
I simply exist
As smoke and ashes.
And as dried blood.
Only to be washed off.
As wiped clean.
To be renewed.
And I would have it gladly.
But what unchained melody would bestow
That gift of a sweet curse upon me?


10 comments:

Blasphemous Aesthete said...

May the stars lend an ear to you too from all their chitter chatter, because it is not in their nature to not listen when a heart needs to speak and reach out.
Lone companions.

Cheers,
Blasphemous Aesthete

Someone is Special said...

what unchained melody would bestow that gift? Well not sure of the answer..

Someone is Special

D2 said...

@Blasphemous Aesthete : For that, the stars need to begin to feel and empathize. But there's something positive to think about.

D2 said...

@SIS : If you'd understood the poem, you'd have some idea. But that's alright. :)

Miss D said...

Sweet melody would care to curse if wrath would care to accompany you in the path never tread.
That path, you choose, or you may not.

D2 said...

@Enchanta : Melody is always sweet. What matters is if it is wrath itself, in a veiled shape and form. The path I choose then does not matter.

Maitreyee Bhattacharjee Chowdhury said...

lOved this :)

D2 said...

@Maitreyee Di : I'm glad. :-)

Sidra Sayeed said...

That's depressing. I have nothing against the words you've chosen, I think they're beautiful. I think what you've done in this rythmic expression I've probably tried to attempt myself but still just to cheer you up, even if you might not need it, here's something: http://sidrasayeed.blogspot.com/2011/09/chilly-chow-yo.html

PS: We all have our stories to tell, mostly those not so glossy and rosy ones but sometimes just sometimes we should try and make things easier for us, on us, so smile a little more than before and enjoy some maggi today! :)

D2 said...

@Sidra : Haha thanks a lot. It's been some time since I wrote this poem but I'm cheered up a little more, thanks to you. :)

The stories that we tell do not have to be glossy or rosy or sad or upsetting. But I do believe they should be real.
The maggi awaits me now. :)
Thanks.

Post a Comment

You've read my thoughts.
Please do tell me yours.

Related Posts with Thumbnails